Maryville, TN was incorporated in 1795, has an elevation of 940 feet, and a population density of 1725 people per square mile. The median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2009: $1,526 (0.9%)*. The median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2009: $1,364 (0.9%)*. Maryville’s median house value is below state average.
A comparison was done between the 2000 census and the 2010 census, Maryville ranked 25th in population growth in the state of Tennessee. Maryville is the county seat of Blount County in Eastern Tennessee. Located just 20 miles from Knoxville, with a population of 27,258 (per the 2010 census), it is actually included in Knoxville’s Metropolitan Area. The city has received several accolades for its quality of life. Maryville was put on the cable channel, A&E, list of “Top Ten Cities to Have It All”. From Maryville one is just a short distance from popular tourist attractions like the the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Dollywood, Gatlinburg, and Pigeon Forge.
The United States Census Bureau shows Maryville as having a total area of 15.9 square miles. Maryville lies in the Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. Chilhowee Mountain, the outermost ridge of the Western Smokies, rises prominently to the south. Chilhowee’s eastern flank— known locally as “The Three Sisters”— is visible from almost anywhere in the city, and dominates the southern horizon along US-321 between Maryville and Walland. Maryville is bordered on the north by Maryville’s twin city, Alcoa, Tennessee.
- Maryville Alcoa Greenway
- Bicentennial Park (Greenbelt)
- Amerine Park
- Eagleton Park
- Everett Park
- John Sevier Park
- Pearson Springs Park
- Sandy Springs Park
The average temperatures around Maryville, TN in July range from 69 degrees low to 87 degrees high. The average temperatures in January range from 29 degrees low to 46 degrees high Most of the year Maryville is very pleasant with mild temperatures.
Interesting Facts About Maryville Tennessee
- As of 2011, Maryville’s population is 27,531 people. Since 2000, it has had a population growth of 19.10 percent.
- The median home cost in Maryville is $168,200. Home appreciation the last year has been -1.89 percent.
- Compared to the rest of the country, Maryville’s cost of living is 7.00% Lower than the U.S. average.
- Maryville public schools spend $5,142 per student. The average school expenditure in the U.S. is $5,678. There are about 17.3 students per teacher in Maryville.
- The unemployment rate in Maryville is 8.30 percent(U.S. avg. is 9.10%). Recent job growth is Positive. Maryville jobs have Increased by 2.55 percent.