Living on Tellico Lake
Why would anyone want to live in East Tennessee? Living in East Tennessee allows one to enjoy
- no state income tax
- a low cost of daily living
- the wonderful beauty of the Great Smoky Mountains
- living in county music’s origin.
- a central location with an easy day’s drive to any portion of the Eastern United States
- great rivers and lakes to enjoy fishing, sailing, skiing, boating, and swimming
- a moderate climate with four distinct seasons
Tennessee is divided into three divisions; West, Middle, and East Tennessee. One will find that East Tennessee is the most populous and densely populated of the three divisions. Knoxville and Chattanooga are the largest cities in East Tennessee.
Experience the wonderful fine southern living at Tellico Lake’s gated retirement communities at the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains offering waterfront living, homes with gorgeous views of the Great Smoky Mountains, and homes either on the golf course or spectacular views of the golf course.
Experience the magnificent backdrop of the Great Smoky Mountains and the sparkling waters of Tellico Lake while playing a round or two of golf. If golf is not your thing, or not the only thing you enjoy, Tellico Lake provides jet skiing, water skiing, sailing, boating, fishing, tubing, and swimming.
Tellico Lake is a short drive to Knoxville (30-45 minutes) for your shopping, entertainment, and cultural stimulus and Maryville is just a short 20 minute drive. Music lovers will find various symphonies, operas, jazz bands, bluegrass, and country music.